Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Songs I've sung at weddings


(Have you noticed the poll? I would appreciate it if you'd spend a moment answering to it.)


Wondering which song(s) you would like to hear at your wedding? Here are couple suggestions. These are the songs I've sung at weddings.



Probably the first song I've sung at a wedding was Petra's Love. Beautiful lyrics.





At my flatmate's wedding I sang L.O.V.E by Nat King Cole and Can't Take My Eyes Off You by Frankie Valli.


At my other flatmate's wedding, I sang Anna Puu's Linnuton puu (A birdless tree in English) and Aretha Franklin's I Say A Little Prayer.





There's one song I've sung in two languages. Sarah Dawn Finer's Kärleksvisan/For a Friend. Here it's in Swedish:





Then there's the 'Shrek song' It Is You (I Have Loved) by Dana Glover, which I sang at my friend's wedding (she's like a sister to me since we lived together in Thailand in a boarding school). She married my husband's cousin. What a small world!

Last, but not least. I sang at my own wedding. It was hard because it was such an emotional night. And the song I had chosen had very touching lyrics. I sang this song: 






Other great songs for weddings:

Now we're man and wife - Michelle Featherstone
Endless Love - Diana Ross & Lionel Ritchie
Songbird - Eva Cassidy
Your Song - Elton John
(They Long To Be) Close To You - Carpenters
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
Kiss From A Rose - Seal

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...