Read the part 1 HERE.
1. In addition to regular blog ads, many bloggers offer other advertising options. For example they might have a social media option. They will advertise your blog and your posts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc. I've noticed that this is a great way to get more readers. In my case, it's been more effective than blog ads on blog sidebars.
2. Some bloggers offer a chance to co-host their extremely popular link up/blog hops. Usually it's free, but there are exceptions. Co-hosting has also been an effecting way for me to get more readers.
"Friendly" (and free) options
1. Comment other blogs. First of all, I never comment just to get readers. I only comment if I really want to say something to the blogger. I believe it's really tacky to comment only to get readers. But I've noticed that many of my comments have brought me new readers. Especially comments on smaller blogs.
2. Mention other bloggers' posts on your posts. This is a great way to form blog relationships.
3. Link ups/Blog hops can bring you more traffic. Check out Top 3 link ups traffic wise
4. Share your posts on Facebook. Don't do that too often, though, so your friends don't get annoyed. Twitter and Instagram are also great!
5. One word: Pinterest. Pinterest has brought me tons of traffic. This post about "pin"able blog images helped me a lot!
6. Guest post. This could also be under Payed options. I've guest posted couple times, and I enjoyed these experiences. I recommend this option!
How do you advertise your blog?