Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I want a Thanksgiving too!


I'm a bit jealous of the Americans, because they (or you) have a Thanksgiving. 

Because of the whole globalisation thing we are taking things from other cultures and making them part of our own lives. Unfortunately, at least in my opinion, Finns have taken the wrong holiday from the Americans: Halloween.

We already have a similar holiday on Palm Sunday, when little kids dress up like witches and go door to door with decorated willow branches to get candy. So we really don't need Halloween.

But we sure do need Thanksgiving! I think everybody needs a day that makes you count your blessings. Maybe tomorrow I'll count mine.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!








No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love the read your comment, idea, suggestion...